So what is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may reduce the surface stress of liquid and generate a considerable volume of uniform and secure foam, which can be employed to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is a substance that may make its aqueous solution develop a massive quantity of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of any Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it cannot become a foaming agent. Surface activity will be the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The main purpose of a cement foaming agent is to promote the foaming of cement paste to make lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, resulting in the cement slurry to get a large number of pores throughout the construction process, thereby reducing the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, along with other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents may also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. In addition, cement foaming agents may also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it simpler to build and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the needs. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a replacement for traditional insulation materials
- It really is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively reduces the load in the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, while the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Enhance the stability and life in the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer includes a high level of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively ensuring that the indoor floor is flat rather than cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times those of the benzene board. It is made from perlite particles. More than five times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which can be 20-30 times those of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: once the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation around the warm water pipes during heating, and you will have no splitting between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material used in foamed cement is cement, that has an outstanding bond with the upper and lower layers and can not cause hollowing or collapse in the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and will be combined entirely with the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to form a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: Due to the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is a lot more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is surely an inorganic material (cement) that fails to burn and therefore has good fire resistance. When used on buildings, it could improve the fireproof performance in the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and it is generated via an accumulation of complicated chain reactions. The product is a pure and clear oily liquid with a light yellow color. It is really not sensitive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and fails to contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, difficult to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to make foamed cement provides the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it is commonly found in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices may be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and it is made through a number of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It really is produced using imported advanced equipment and also the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented throughout the production process. The product is a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, sound quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and ideal foam stability; this is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Due to the high surface strength in the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is extremely stable. The bubbles in the foamed cement made out of it have been in a closed state independent of every other, and there is absolutely no connection between the bubbles. The permeability resistance in the foamed cement products is quite high. On the same density, in contrast to foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it offers better sealing and also heat preservation properties and better strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are popular in the construction area and they are mainly employed to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. These are popular in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, along with other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents are also used in the broad area and they are mainly employed to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and will reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents are also used in the bridge area, mainly employed to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which could detect the weight in the bridge and extend the service life in the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
Top Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with more than 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])